Thursday, April 14, 2016

I think I've got it.

By George,  i think I've figured it out.  Haha at least the part that was confusing me.  I think. Haha

There are elements that confer grace.  Things like empathy,  compassion,  forgiveness,  mercy.  These things are noticed when you are dealing with a person.  It could be someone else you need to forgive,  it could be yourself you need to give compassion to.  They are fluid and mobile.  Whereas,  in boredom,  you are very static.  (I forgot to mention before that boredom is something I've been trying to understand in a spiritual way). With that static feeling,  it's still necessary to feel gratefulness and while you can do it,  with just sitting thinking of things you are grateful for,  there isn't necessarily a fluidity that allows grace to transmute the...  heck i don't even know.  I've never liked boredom which is why my mind is trying,  searching for things to work on.  Idle hands and all that stuff being "bad".

It doesn't allow flow as easily as the movement of events and life which is why we are so quick to decry it.

Humbleness is something to potentially practice in those times... humbleness isn't "directed" at anyone in particular necessarily.  And it could still confer grace.

Heck,  maybe that's part of the challenge with boredom.  Simply learning to go through it in that sweet spot of rest, love,  and contentment. 
Say it with me,  "but it's so booooorrriiinnnnggggg."

Okay.  Need to think on this more. 

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment